Remember that first time you played Donkey Kong? I remember so very distinctly how I was at the bottom of the screen with all the barrels falling toward me and catching fire, all the while Donkey Kong stood atop the screen with Pauline; taunting me to come and get her. I remember those first hundred quarters I put into the machine before I ever got to the top. Once I got there, it was time to start over with a different, faster and more challenging situation in front of me to once again rescue Pauline.
That’s kind of how we feel about the Pennsylvania Coin Operated Gaming Hall of Fame and Museum. We are working night and day on it, and literally with each thing we get done, it seems we find new challenges to overcome to get to “Pauline”, who just happens to be sitting on a platform marked “May 23rd, 2015”. Much like that kid back in 1981, Ed and I keep feeding in quarters and moving forward toward the goal of the ultimate “rescue”.
It’s been a very busy couple of weeks for our little gaming palace. So here’s a couple of quick points to keep you all updated as to what’s going on.
- The location has been officially acquired. Ed and his crew are actively doing the building modifications to get the place ready for the games to be moved in. From there, there’s some electrical stuff that will go on and we’re ready to rock!
- We will announce the location of the Pennsylvania Coin Operated Gaming Hall of Fame and Museum on Sunday, February 1st. It’s not a big secret though, and you can probably find out where we’re at if you investigate our website and/or social media pages. Happy hunting! 😛
- We’ve established a couple of dates for the launch. We will have a very limited “VIP” Launch on Saturday, May 23rd, 2015. This launch will be for the supporters of the museum that have been on board since the start. We will be offering a limited number of passes to be pre-purchased for Saturday, May 23rd VIP Opening.
- The May 23rd Opening will be a full on party, complete with a catered lunch, a full day’s worth of gaming and pinball, music from a DJ, and more.
- The Public Grand Opening will be on Saturday, May 30th, 2015.
- The big news about Saturday, May 23rd is that we’ve come to an agreement to have a bonafide ’80s multi-platinum rock star come out to be part of the opening. He will be hanging out, taking pictures, playing a couple of songs for those at the VIP Party, and even playing some video games and pinball against some of you that decide to attend. It should be a great time!
- We will announce who the guest is as well as making the purchase of passes to the VIP party on Saturday, February 7th. Those passes will be available on our website.
I think that’s all for now. Busy days ahead. We’re up to the challenge though, and we’re excited to bring this fabulous museum to you! We hope you’ll make plans to be there on May 23rd and beyond!! Thank you for your continued support! Please let your friends and family know about us!
Get your game on!